This 90-minute course will discuss Easing Constipation - the number one gastrointestinal complaint in the country!
The class is led by pelvic health physical therapists Jessica Reale and Sara Reardon and includes topics such as:
- What defines constipation and contributing factors
- Pelvic floor muscle anatomy and mechanics of defecation
- Self-treatment techniques including building a bowel routine, dietary recommendations, toileting posture, managing constipation with prolapse (rectocele), and daily exercises to help.
- Bonus Resources include proper toileting mechanics to facilitate emptying.
- We will also help you discern when a medical or physical therapy appointment may be indicated.
[The content of this course is educational in nature and does not replace seeing a pelvic health therapist for in-person assessment and treatment.]